Saturday 27 March 2010

Long time no post, so let's look to the future!

Colin McCredie, myself and John Gaffney inbetween takes

Okay, so I may have accidentally forgot about this blog until some friends reminded me last
night at our usual Friday night gathering's in a flat in the West End of Glasgow.

Obviously 2007 to 2010 is certainly a big gap between updates and a lot has happened since then!

My film company "Silly Wee Films" has been going relatively strong - working on corporate videos for Macmillan Cancer Support, local councils, sports companies, and even the occasional music video, while also working on "Night is Day" series 1 and 2, writing the feature film version of "Night is Day" and making three short films.

The first short film is called "Two and a Half Minutes" and it stars John Gaffney (who also plays DCI Sloan in Night is Day series 2 and the upcoming feature), Colin McCredie who played DC Stuart Fraser in Taggart and Chris Summers who has appeared in lots of films and TV projects including my very own "Night is Day" as our superhero, Jason Mackenzie.

We shot the film over two days based on a script I wrote about 3 years ago (we slightly re-drafted it...) in Glasgow and Stirling and the final product can be seen at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ye42Nu_jHo

My second film was "Hush"...
Danielle and Anna in Hush

...which follows two best friends (Danielle McLeod and Anna Walseth) who just happen to be spies. It's a completely silent film, with only music and sound effects, and it looks at the difference between their personal lives and spy lives. The film is in the final stages of post production and we're just waiting on the sound effects!

Following "Hush" I decided to make my romantic comedy, "I Heart You"...

Chris and Natalie in I Heart You

...which stars Chris Summers, Natalie Clark, Barry McKay and Lissa Dougal. Chris plays, well, Chris, and Natalie is Kirsty, and it starts with Chris being dumped by Kirsty and then going to the pub with his best friend, looking back at his "wonderful" relationship.

The movie is finished now and I'm going to be entering it into the festivals this summer so fingers crossed.

Right that's enough for one blog... I'll start another for "Night is Day - The Movie"...

Photobucket

No comments: